Advantages of The Ingredients in Memories We Cherish, Don't Let Them Perish
- .Juicing apples is a way to get a massive amount of the fruit's nutrients into your body quickly. Since the fiber is removed, the fruit is basically "pre-digested," and easily absorbed, according to Juicing-for-Health.com
- Apples contain a substance called malic acid, that helps maintain liver function and improves digestion, says Health Guidance. Juicing apples will help deliver malic acid through your body quickly.
- Fresh apple juice is high in phytonutrients, that help your body delay the breakdown of low density lipoproteins, also known as LDL, or bad cholesterol, according to the Soy Quick website.
- Apple juice can help keep your arteries clear, and prevent heart disease.
- Fresh apple juice is an effective sweetener for vegetable juices that may not taste very good on their own.
- Phthalides are another type of health-benefiting compound found in celery. Phthalides, a type of phytochemical, might lower stress by regulating stress hormones, according to the "New York Times.
- Flavonoids found in celery are thought to lower your chances of developing cancer in addition to inflammatory and cardiovascular diseases.
- Stomach ulcers are miserable for anyone who has one, so learning about a natural way to help protect the stomach from getting them or helping to heal them is good to know. Celery juice and celery itself are actually able to do just that, according to a recent research study.
- Alzheimer's disease is a devastatingly difficult disease for the patient and for their loved ones. But drinking celery juice or eating celery has been shown to slow the progression of the disease. Celery was investigated for its potential as a treatment for Alzheimer's in a recent research study held at Harvard Medical School Center for Neurologic Diseases in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Ginger has long been recognized as a medicinal spice, warding off colds and flu, nausea, fever, digestive difficulties and infection. It is used to treat heart attacks, arthritis pain, skin cancers and even aid in weight loss. Ginger's healing properties have been shown to enhance energy and longevity. As an ingredient in over half of all medicinal herbal supplements, ginger has been relied upon for over 5,000 years as a "universal medicine" by ancient Chinese and Indian cultures
- Studies indicate that ginger slowed the growth process of cancerous tumors, reducing cancer symptoms overall.
- Ancient Egyptians believed that eating lemons and drinking lemon juice was an effective protection against a variety of poisons, and recent research has confirmed this belief.
- Lemons are strong antibacterial, antiviral, and immune-boosting powers and their used as a weight loss aid because lemon juice is a digestive aid and liver cleanser.
- Lemons contain many substances--notably citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene--that promote immunity and fight infection.
- Research has shown that lemon balm has a calming effect and therefore may be able to help remove fatigue, exhaustion, dizziness, anxiety, nervousness, and tension.
- Lemon contains citric acid, which can be effective in treating acne. The vitamin C found in citrus fruits is vital for that healthy glowing skin while its alkaline nature kills some types of bacteria known to cause acne.
- Research has shown that lemon has a calming effect and therefore may be able to help remove fatigue, exhaustion, dizziness, anxiety, nervousness, and tension.
- Lemon is always a helpful remedy for fever relief.
- Regular orange juice consumption may improve diastolic blood pressure, suggests a study published by "The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition" in January 2011. According to this study, orange juice contains hesperidin, a healthy water-soluble plant pigment. Hesperidin serves to improve the activity of small blood vessels, blood pressure and decrease the cardiovascular risk biomarkers in susceptible patients.
- Regular orange juice consumption may lead to the decrease the level of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in patients with high cholesterol level, suggests a study published in the October 2010 issue of the "Nutrition Research." However, the mechanism behind this blood cholesterol level improvement with orange juice consumption is still unclear. Further studies and clinical trials are necessary to further establish this fact.
- Oranges contain the flavonoid hesperidin, which might have positive effects on blood pressure, according to a study conducted by lead author Christine Morand and researchers from Clermont University in France.
- Oranges might protect against cardiovascular disease, according to a study led by Paresh Dandona and colleagues from the University of Buffalo. They discovered that subjects consuming orange juice with a high-fat meal had lower levels of inflammation after the meal compared to those eating the same meal while drinking water or sugary drinks.
- Its vitamin content has been found effective in preventing cancers especially cancer of lung colon or breasts by limiting the growth of carcinogens.
- Spinach is loaded with vitamin A which is also rare to find anywhere. Vitamin A not only maintains good eyesight but also prevents macular degeneration that can lead to cataracts, night blindness etc.
- Spinach is rich in vitamin k which is very rare to find in other foods which is very essential to prevent the breakage in brittle bones and by working with calcium it ensures the prevention of osteoporosis which occurs in elder people due to porous bones.
- Its sodium potassium content is ideal for lowering the blood pressure in body as it is low in sodium and rich in potassium it reduces the blood force and eases the blood vessels.
- Spinach is loaded with flavonoids which work as a n antioxidant in body destroys all the free radicals and prevents cholesterol from oxidizing. It is even rich in choline which helps to prevent atherosclerosis which is the starting cause of heart attack.
- it is rich in iron which is very necessary to prevent anemia especially in young girls by maintaining hemoglobin count in body.
Disadvantages of The Ingredients in Memories We Cherish, Don't Let Them Perish
- Drinking too much apple juice may trigger diarrhea
- Do not drink apple juice if you have a tendency to develop kidney stones because this juice contains oxalates, which may trigger the formation of calcium oxalate stones.
- .As with diarrhea, drinking sorbitol-rich apple juice may trigger gas, which can take the form of flatulence, belching or abdominal bloating.
- Eating a lot of celery as well can lead to cramps, diarrhea and related symptoms of indigestion.
- Too much calcium intake, or hypercalcemia, can cause symptoms such as indigestion, vomiting, and even delirium or death in severe cases.
- Taken excessively, ginger can induce heartburn, stomach upset or belching. Children under the age of 2 should not take ginger.
- Ginger can interact with blood-thinning medications, so if you are taking blood thinners, seek approval from your doctor before utilizing ginger as a health aid.
- Lemon, and citric acid, has been linked with migraine.
- Since lemons are highly acidic it can destroy tooth enamel.
- Orange juice has a relatively low glycemic index, which means that its carbohydrates elevate your blood sugar more slowly, compared with a high-glycemic food like white bread, candy or potatoes.
- Inconsistent energy levels throughout the day are a side effect of drinking too much orange juice.
- Spinach is high in oxalic acid, a chemical that can bind with iron and calcium and cause your body to absorb less of these important nutrients.
- Spinach contains purines, which are organic compounds that your body turns into uric acid. Having high levels of uric acid in your body increases your risk of developing kidney stones.
- Eat a large amount of spinach all at once, and you may experience some diarrhea.