Advantages of The Ingredients in Take Charge, Don't Be Large
- Cucumber has 96% water content that is more nutritious than regular water, which helps in keeping the body hydrated and regulating body temperature. It also helps in flushing out the toxins from the body.
- The high water content, vitamins A, B & C and the presence of certain minerals like magnesium, potassium, and silica make cucumbers an essential part of skin care.
- Cucumber are known to contain lariciresinol, pinoresinol, and secoisolariciresinol – three lignans that have a strong history of research in connection with reduced risk of several cancer types.
- Cucumber juice contains a lot of potassium, magnesium and fiber that work effectively for regulating blood pressure.
- Cucumber juice is also beneficial for people with teeth and gums problems
- Digestive disorders like acidity, heartburn, gastritis and even ulcers can be cured by the daily consumption of fresh cucumber juice.
- Cucumber is an excellent source of silica, which known to help promotes joint health by strengthening the connective tissues.
- Cucumber seeds are used as a natural remedy for treating tapeworms.
- The high silica content of cucumber also helps to prevent splitting and spoiling of nails of the fingers and toes.
- The cucumber juice has been found to be beneficial for the diabetic patients. This vegetable contains a hormone needed by the cells of the pancreas for producing insulin.
- Researchers found that some compound called sterols in cucumber may help reduce cholesterol levels.
- Cucumber contains silicon and sulphur and thus a regular intake of cucumber can help promote healthy hair growth.
- Due to its low calorie and high water content, cucumber is an ideal diet for people who looking for weight loss.
- Juicing apples is a way to get a massive amount of the fruit's nutrients into your body quickly. Since the fiber is removed, the fruit is basically "pre-digested," and easily absorbed, according to Juicing-for-Health.com
- Apples contain a substance called malic acid, that helps maintain liver function and improves digestion, says Health Guidance. Juicing apples will help deliver malic acid through your body quickly.
- Fresh apple juice is high in phytonutrients, that help your body delay the breakdown of low density lipoproteins, also known as LDL, or bad cholesterol, according to the Soy Quick website.
- Apple juice can help keep your arteries clear, and prevent heart disease.
- Fresh apple juice is an effective sweetener for vegetable juices that may not taste very good on their own.
- Many studies shown that eating carrots may help lower the risk of breast cancer, lung cancer and colon cancer. Recently, researchers have isolated a compound called falcarinol in carrots that may be largely responsible for anti-cancer benefits. Falcarinol is a natural pesticide found in carrots that protects roots from fungal diseases.
- The retina of the eye needs vitamin A to function. A lack of vitamin A can cause night blindness.
- Studies shown that a diet high in carotenoids,organic pigment which are associated with a lower risk of heart disease. Also, it is believed that regular consumption of carrots reduces LDL cholesterol levels. Soluble fiber in carrots can help lower blood cholesterol levels by binding with and removing bile acids, cholesterol triggers would be pulled out from the bloodstream to make more bile acids.
- People who ate more than six carrots a week are much less likely to suffer a stroke than those who ate only one carrot a month or more.
- Carrot has a strong cleansing properties that are effective in detoxifying the liver, and thus very effective for treating acne that is caused by toxins from the blood. Carrot is also useful for treating uneven skin tones due to pigmentation. The vitamin A and other nutrients contained in carrot efficiently nourish the skin, prevent dry skin and other skin blemishes.
- Carrots contain a lot of beta-carotene, which serves as an antioxidant that helps the body to fight against free radicals. It also help slows down the aging of cells and various negative effect associated with aging.
- Carrots can also help clean your teeth after meals. They act as natural abrasives that help in eliminating dirt and plague from the teeth and gums. They're also trigger a lot of saliva, which helps to scrub away stains on your teeth. The minerals contained in carrots helps to kill germs in the mouth and prevent tooth damage.
- Carrots are the most abundant sources of vitamin A, or beta carotene. Vitamin A is an important nutrient needed for eye health, bone growth, reproduction, cell division and the formation of these cells in the major organs.
- Carrot by the cupful contains 13 percent of the daily recommended intake of vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant.
- Carrots and their juice also are excellent sources of calcium, copper, magnesium, potassium, sodium, phosphorus, chlorine, sulfur, iron and a small dose of dietary fiber.
- Ancient Egyptians believed that eating lemons and drinking lemon juice was an effective protection against a variety of poisons, and recent research has confirmed this belief.
- Lemons are strong antibacterial, antiviral, and immune-boosting powers and their used as a weight loss aid because lemon juice is a digestive aid and liver cleanser.
- Lemons contain many substances--notably citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene--that promote immunity and fight infection.
- Research has shown that lemon balm has a calming effect and therefore may be able to help remove fatigue, exhaustion, dizziness, anxiety, nervousness, and tension.
- Lemon contains citric acid, which can be effective in treating acne. The vitamin C found in citrus fruits is vital for that healthy glowing skin while its alkaline nature kills some types of bacteria known to cause acne.
- Research has shown that lemon has a calming effect and therefore may be able to help remove fatigue, exhaustion, dizziness, anxiety, nervousness, and tension.
- Lemon is always a helpful remedy for fever relief.
- Grapefruit is high in enzymes that burn fats, has high water content and has less sodium. A combination of these three characteristics make grapefruit a perfect food for increasing your body’s metabolism.
- The antioxidants found in grapefruit are effective in reducing cholesterol levels.
- Chemicals found in grapefruit and grapefruit juice may have inhibiting effects on certain enzymes that increase the risk of cancer.
- Eating grapefruit or drinking its juice helps treat common cold and fever, dissolve gallstones, boost liver function and enhance immunity against infections.
- Its vitamin content has been found effective in preventing cancers especially cancer of lung colon or breasts by limiting the growth of carcinogens.
- Spinach is loaded with vitamin A which is also rare to find anywhere. Vitamin A not only maintains good eyesight but also prevents macular degeneration that can lead to cataracts, night blindness etc.
- Spinach is rich in vitamin k which is very rare to find in other foods which is very essential to prevent the breakage in brittle bones and by working with calcium it ensures the prevention of osteoporosis which occurs in elder people due to porous bones.
- Its sodium potassium content is ideal for lowering the blood pressure in body as it is low in sodium and rich in potassium it reduces the blood force and eases the blood vessels.
- Spinach is loaded with flavonoids which work as a n antioxidant in body destroys all the free radicals and prevents cholesterol from oxidizing. It is even rich in choline which helps to prevent atherosclerosis which is the starting cause of heart attack.
- It is rich in iron which is very necessary to prevent anemia especially in young girls by maintaining hemoglobin count in body.
Disadvantages of The Ingredients in Take Charge, Dont Be Large
- Cucumbers do not provide significant levels of essential fatty acids or protein. One 301-gram cucumber contains 45 calories, with less than .5 g of fat, 2 g of protein and about 11 g of carbohydrates.
- Drinking too much apple juice may trigger diarrhea
- Do not drink apple juice if you have a tendency to develop kidney stones because this juice contains oxalates, which may trigger the formation of calcium oxalate stones.
- As with diarrhea, drinking sorbitol-rich apple juice may trigger gas, which can take the form of flatulence, belching or abdominal bloating.
- One half cup of sliced, raw carrots contains 210 percent of your daily value of Vitamin A, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Juicing removes the fiber from carrots, so one glass can take several cups of carrots. If you drink more than one glass of carrot juice per day, plus eat other foods rich in vitamin A or take a multivitamin, you could overdose, which can cause nausea, dizziness, bleeding problems and, in rare cases, kidney damage.
- Carrot consumption is the cause of your yellowing skin. The same fat-soluble pigments (carotenoids) that account for the deep orange color of carrots are responsible. In general, carotenoids are beneficial to health and can protect the skin from sun damage.
- "Your color change is not dangerous and will fade quickly when you reduce your consumption of carrots. I suggest that you do just that - not because the carotene has turned your skin yellow, but because it's important to eat a variety of fruits and vegetables. The greater the variety of natural colors in your diet, the better off you'll be nutritionally. Carrots all the time sounds a bit monotonous."
- Lemon, and citric acid, has been linked with migraine.
- Since lemons are highly acidic it can destroy tooth enamel.
- Any drug that enters your bloodstream is supposed to be metabolized by your CYP3A4 enzyme. However, if you are consuming grapefruit as part of the grapefruit diet, your CYP34A enzyme won't be able to properly perform its job. Grapefruit stops your CYP34A enzyme from metabolizing drugs that enter your body. This can be very dangerous, because it can elevate the levels of drugs in your body to the extreme. If your drugs aren't being metabolized and broken down, they stay in your body, and if you keep taking your medication every day and it doesn't leave your body, you will be taking a dose that is dangerously higher than the dose you were prescribed. This can make any possible side effects of your medication much more likely and much more severe.
- Eating or drinking grapefruit juice as part of the grapefruit diet can lead to blood clots, gangrene, strokes, heart attacks and death if combined with contraceptive birth control pills.
- Spinach is high in oxalic acid, a chemical that can bind with iron and calcium and cause your body to absorb less of these important nutrients.
- Spinach contains purines, which are organic compounds that your body turns into uric acid. Having high levels of uric acid in your body increases your risk of developing kidney stones.
- Eat a large amount of spinach all at once, and you may experience some diarrhea.